Manage forest threats and risks
The objective of this project consists in identifying the measures taken concretely in each of the participating regions, for the management of identified and foreseeable risks and to suggest innovations to improve the management of these threats.
This objective will be reached through different types of actions : with studies on the inventories of risk management systems, with analyzes of the main risks affecting the project areas and the development of means to fight against these risks.
Thus, regional actors will have methods and techniques at their disposal to implement at the scale of forest property, but also suggestions on the types of organizations and instruments to deal with accurate forestry issues. The identified biotic or abiotic agents (such as fire, storms, drought or frost that affect many species, as well as the Fomes, Armillaria, processionary moth and fusarium on Pines, Gonipterus platensis on Eucalyptus ) within each task involve different partners of the project.
Therefore they are of interest to several regions participating in the project and justify a transnational action.
The expected results of the project are :
- An analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of risk management systems in forest in each region
- Recommendations and identification of measures to improve the recognition of the many risks in forest management
- A network of experimental devices to improve the forms of struggle (ecological, genetic or forestry) at the plot scale with respect to the risks identified
- Tools for risk analysis and decision support (maps, computer models) to estimate the vulnerability and contingency
- Technical data sheets to disseminate the recommendations of the project Policy makers, managers and scientists will therefore have in their hands the tools for managing the many risks threatening the forest of their area.